After my failed attempt at doing Guild Wars armor, I decided to try something a little more… Blizzard-y. Been working on this for a little while and I’m finally finished… with the armor. The face is going to be on a separate texture, so I’ll be tackling that tomorrow. Decided to give Quixel Ddo a whirl. Pretty sweet piece of software for setting up base textures.
Still WIP as I need to do face, hair, and crossbows.
I was doing some retopology and took a break when I found a piece called “Orchid” by Charlie Bowater. I’ve been a fan of hers for a while and decided to do a little fan art. The turntable is rendering now. I’ll post that once it’s finished.
YAAAA! I completed my first (of many) Dota2 Items. I jumped right in the deep end and made a full set. This set is for Naga Siren. It took a little while, but it was loads of fun. I’d almost forgot the feeling of seeing your work actually in game. Check it out on the workshop:
I’m making a Dota 2 armor set… for Naga Siren. This started out as a concept for a Phantom Assassin weapon. But a friend noticed that it looked more like something Naga would have. So I made some adjustments, and sculpted out a weapon. I had so much fun with it, that I wanted to make a full armor set.
I discovered an artist who’s style I immediately fell in love with. His name is Adrian Dadich. Check his stuff out and you’ll see immediately what I mean. Either way, I found his piece called Kitsune and wanted to model it right on the spot. I started this a few days ago. I think I’m making good time. This is just a WIP. I haven’t decided if I want to take this all the way to engine. I may just finish the sculpt and pose her. Who knows.
Issue of the Day: Making leather overly complicated
Here’s a run of flat color diffuse on Avacyn. To be fair, the head, hair and wings aren’t flats. I’m having trouble trying to make the textures look clean while also giving them complexity. Leather is easy to come across as used and worn, but Avacyn doesn’t wear worn out leather corsets. She also keeps her armor in tip-top shape. I think I’m going to start going over the whoel things with gradients. That should help.